- Instructor: guj_innovative
- Lectures: 6
Course overview:-The term Industrial Microbiology was first given by French chemist Louis Pasteur. He is also father of modern Industrial Microbiology.
In Microbiology Micro “small”; Bio “living” and logy means“Study” So it is a branch of science in which we study small living organism that are too small to be visible with the naked eye. Transformation of knowledge of microbiology at large scale is Industrial Microbiology, we create Industrial product in large quantities like Antibiotics, Vitamins, Enzymes, Amino acid etc.
Eligibility criteria for under graduate course :
- Candidate must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks.
- The 12th examination must be passed/Appearing with group combination of Biology, Chemistry, Physics as a subject.
CAREER: – There are different carrier opportunities in the field of Microbiology& Industrial Microbiology after doing UG & PG course some of the areas of employment and job profiles are listed below:
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Research Organizations
- Environmental Agencies
- Food Industry
- Beverage Industry
- Chemical Industries
- Agriculture Department
- Research Assistant
- Food, Industrial or Environmental Microbiologists
- Quality Assurance Technologists
- Sales or Technical Representative
- Clinical and Veterinary Microbiologists
- Medical Technologists
- Biomedical Scientist
- Clinical Research Associate
- Food Technologist
- Scientific Laboratory Technician
- Physician Associate
- Research Scientist (life sciences)
These are few areas and job positions for Microbiology students there are several other opportunities for students such as entrepreneur like KiranMujaumdar Shah.
Syllabus: B.Sc. (3 years)
For undergraduate students course duration is of three years and students studied different disciplines of Industrial Microbiology.
|B.Sc. I year||a) Fundamentals of industrial microbiology and techniques
b) Microbial Biochemistry & immunology
|B.Sc. II year||a) Microbial Physiology & metabolism
b) Microbial Genetics & Molecular Biology
|B.Sc. III year||a)Fermentation technology & Biostatistics
b) Agriculture ,Environment & Industrial Microbiology